- Duration: 5 Days
- Category: Kilimanjaro trekking
- Destinations: Kilimanjaro mountain
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Arusha
- End in: Arusha
- Recommended items: digital camera, binoculars, light clothes, safari boots, mosquito repellants, sun glasses, extra batteries, day back etc
- Extra info: Provide porters and cookers to assist hikers while on the mountain
Day 1: Transfer To Kilimanjaro National Park Gate
- Arrive at the Marangu gate in Moshi for registration formalities
- Start climbing through tropical rainforest of coffee and banana plantations at the base of Kilimanjaro
- Ascend to reach Mandara hut (2743 meters) for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Climb To Horombo Hut
- Trek through rainforest for spectacular views of Kilimanjaro(Kibo and Mawenzi)
- The trail leads to Horombo Hut (3720 meters) for the evening rest in the camp
- Dinner and sleep at the hut.
Day 3: Hike To Kibo Hut
- Ascend through barren volcanic landscape to the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo
- Continue hiking to arrive at Kibo Hut (4700 meters) in the mid-day
- Take the rest of the day off resting and taking much fluids in preparing for the final ascent
- Retire to bed early around 19:00.
Day 4: Ascend To Gilman’s Point To Uhuru Peak
- Wake up at 23:30 for a hot cup of tea and biscuits.
- Add more warm clothes as the temperature tends to decrease
- Leave at 1:00 am passing through volcanic scree to the summit ridge at Gilman’s Point (5700 meters)
- Arrive in time for sunrise to enjoy the magnificent view
- If interested, take another 1:30 hrs to Uhuru Peak (5895 meters) the highest peak of the mountain
- Enjoy a fantastic experience while taking pictures and feeling accomplished standing at the roof of Africa
- After a little rest and refreshments, start descending down the mountain which is quite fast
- Arrive at Horombo hut after 11 hours of walking for resting and overnight stay
Day 5: Descend To Marangu Gate Through Mandara
- After breakfast, descend through moorland walk to Mandara for little rest
- Continue walking through the green forest for 5-6 hours to arrive at the gate
- Upon your arrival, get awarded with certificates for a successful climb (golden certificates are awarded to hikers who reached Uhuru peak while green certificates are awarded to those who reached Gilman’s peak)
- Head back to hotel in Moshi/ Arusha or depart for a flight back home.